[dns-operations] Tool to store zone file with TYPExxx records

Fri Apr 5 08:33:40 UTC 2019

Am 04.04.2019 um 23:58 schrieb Mark Andrews:
> named-rrchecker can convert records it knows about.  It was designed to be called
> from web application to validate input and potentially emit records in unknown
> format.
>
> Just curious.  Which types do you need to deal with?

I remember I had issues with the rather new RRs TLSA, SMIMEA ...

I fetch a signed zone from the name server with "dig axfr" and then test
the zone with validns/ldns-verify-zone/dnssec-verify.

After the server was updated to bind 9.14 suddenly dig 9.9.5 faild to
transfer the zone correctly. Then I updated dig to 9.14 and then
dnssec-verify failed due to "unkown RRs".

So, every time a new RR is added and dig is updated, I have to update
the other tools too.

Hence, my question to store the AXFR in generic format.

regards
Klaus