[dns-operations] subzone delegation best practice

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Sep 26 14:32:47 UTC 2018

Doug

Our issues were primarily "web" related.

Up until a couple of years ago anyone who signed up for a shared hosting account with ourselves was assigned a "temporary" subdomain off our main domain name. Unfortunately even when they had their own domains people kept referencing the placeholder and when their sites got infected or compromised ..

So now we've moved the new signups to a secondary domain which is only used for the purpose of providing the placeholders. If any of them get compromised and blacklisted our main site won't be impacted.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

On 26/09/2018, 15:30, "dns-operations on behalf of Doug Barton" <dns-operations-bounces at dns-oarc.net on behalf of dougb at dougbarton.email> wrote:

    Can you say more about that, Michele? Is this e-mail stuff you're
    talking about?