[dns-operations] REMINDER: OARC 29 Early Bird Registration ends tomorrow September 21st!

Denesh Bhabuta :: OARC denesh at dns-oarc.net
Thu Sep 20 16:28:20 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues

This is a reminder that the Joint OARC 29 & 39th CENTR Technology Workshop, taking place at the Hotel Okura in Amsterdam is just over 3 weeks away on October 13th & 14th, just prior to RIPE 77 in the same venue.

REGISTRATION
==
Early Bird registrations are available until 21:59 UTC tomorrow, Friday, September 21st, after which time a late registration fee of US$100 applies.

If you haven't done so yet, please register here:

    https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/29/

/* All members get a number of $100 discount codes depending on their level of membership, applicable during early bird and late registration period. These were emailed to each member Point of Contact on June 20th. Please email meeting at dns-oarc.net to request a reminder of the code. */

AGENDA
==
The agenda will be published soon, however in the meantime you can see the list of accepted talks at:

    https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/29/contributions/speakers

AGM
==
The OARC, Inc AGM takes place on Sunday October 14th, during the OARC Members only session of the Joint OARC 29 and 39th CENTR Technology Workshop.

The agenda has been posted at:

    https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/29/page/45-annual-general-meeting

Details of the elections and candidates standing are posted at:

    https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/agm-2018/elections/

ACCOMMODATION
==
It has unfortunately been extremely difficult securing a group of rooms at any hotel in Amsterdam without OARC having to financially guarantee the room revenue for the hotels. As such, we are unable to offer our delegates any hotel rooms at workshop rates.

However, we did have a small allocation of rooms at the Okura itself, mainly for staff. We currently have one room available using the ‘DNSOARC’ group code for nightly rates of 198€ (single occupancy) and 223€ (double occupancy) plus city tax, for arrival on September 12th, departure on September 14th - you may book this at https://www.okura.nl

Further, the Hotel Okura have indicated to us that if any delegates approach their group reservations directly, quoting the ‘DNSOARC’ group code, then they may be able to offer the delegate rates depending on room availability.

You may contact them on +31206788300 or reservations at okura.nl.

Alternatively, you may email meeting at dns-oarc.net with your accommodation requirements and I will forward your request directly to our accommodation contact at the hotel.

=====
Other accommodation options
=====

RIPE 77’s website has a list of hotels for those attending the RIPE meeting at the same venue and within acceptable waling distance:

    https://ripe77.ripe.net/venue/accommodation/

You may also stay a bit further afield as transport options to the venue have got much better since the recent opening of the North-South metro line (M52), which runs from Noord station (across the water from Centraal Station, which itself is a stop) to Amsterdam Zuid station. The stop for Okura is De Pijp, a short 7 minutes walk to the venue.

Airbnb is also abundant in the vicinity.

Travel Tip: For directions (walking, transport) in Amsterdam, use the excellent 9292 (mobile app and .nl website)

Hope to see you at OARC 29!

Regards
Denesh Bhabuta
DNS-OARC