[dns-operations] Save the date: ICANN DNS Symposium (IDS) 2019

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Tue Sep 18 22:13:02 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to save the date for our third ICANN DNS Symposium (IDS 2019)<https://www.icann.org/ids>, to be held 10-11 May 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand at the Shangri-La<http://www.shangri-la.com/bangkok/shangrila/> hotel. IDS 2019 is co-locating with the fifth GDD Industry Summit<https://www.icann.org/gddsummit> (6-9 May 2019), the Registration Operations Workshop<http://regiops.net/> (9 May) and a DNS-OARC<https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/29/> workshop (12-13 May).

The ICANN DNS Symposium is a two-day event focused on all aspects of the Domain Name System (DNS). The theme for IDS 2019 and further details will be announced in early 2019. Past IDS themes have included a review of the ICANN organization's own initiatives related to DNS research, operations, threats and countermeasures, and technology evolution, and "Attention, Domain Name System: Your 30-year scheduled maintenance is overdue", where members of research, academia, and operational communities shared experiences, data, and innovative thinking on how the DNS might be improved.

Visit https://www.icann.org/ids for more information on the venue and previous IDS events.

Thanks, and we hope to see you there!

Matt
--