[dns-operations] Hybrid DNS

Mark E. Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Sun Sep 9 20:52:22 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-09 4:19 PM, Mehmet Akcin wrote:
> Hello there
>
> Is there a service provider out there which supports multi-provider
> management approach for DNS zones? Including Master management, key
> management, performance monitoring (externally) and adjusting of
> nameservers? (Ie; remove an unresponsive NS cluster and replace with
> some other cluster as needed basis)
There is one.

easyDNS. https://easydns.com/dns/proactive-nameservers/

In order to do this, you have to either be the registrar for the domain,
or have API access to the registrar that provides a method to update
nameserver delegation. The only other registrar I've ever found that
provides a method to update nameservers via API was DNSimple (there may
be more now).

But in terms of a system that monitors nameserver health, has
threshholds, and reverts back after the outage, this is the only one I'm
aware of.

> I am not really looking for a cedexis like dns loadbalancer solution.
> I am more interested in a product which integrates via APIs to
> Registrars and able to update nameservers based on
> response/performance. (TTLs , of course)
>
> It is like hybrid cloud but just focusing on dns.
>
> Thank you, feel free to respond privately

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

- mark

> Mehmet
> --
> Mehmet
> +1-424-298-1903

Mark E. Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
Co-founder & CEO, easyDNS Technologies Inc.
+1-(416)-535-8672 x 225