[dns-operations] 答复: [DNSOP] DNSSEC threshold signatures idea

Davey Song(宋林健) ljsong at biigroup.cn
Fri Sep 7 04:51:06 UTC 2018

Hi Mukund,

Thank you for proposing here for comments and discussion. I would like to
share more background on this if people are interested.

Actually I was inspired by several sources. One is the Multisignature
(https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Multisignature ) concept from Bitcoin which help
to reduce the risk of wallet keys be stolen.

One is from Yeti work we are doing where Hugo gave me some ideas. In Yeti
testbed, we try to implement the concept of "Share Zone Control" proposed by
PVM in ICANN ITI report. We firstly constructed the root system with 3
signers (3ZSK and 1 KSK) . We would like improve this system with more
fault-tolerant property and less dependency on a central entity. There is a
post I put in Yeti blog (https://goo.gl/7i4NxB ).

When I survey on this, I learnt some concept of threshold signature
algorithms in the crypto academic field, like BLS , Boldyreva and PBC
(Pairing based crypto). But I'm not a crypto guys . I'm just looking for
mature and reliable crypto tool to fit my case, then we can test and try it
in existing testbed. Maybe people on this mailing list can help.

Best regares,
Davey