[dns-operations] DNS over TLS: slowly happening

Vladimír Čunát vladimir.cunat+ietf at nic.cz
Mon Oct 29 13:14:54 UTC 2018

On 6/29/18 12:10 PM, Hellqvist, Björn wrote:
>> I’m sure you’ve seen the DNS Camel
>> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-dnsop-sessa-
>> the-dns-camel-01)
> Actually I have not. Unfortunately I have not been able to follow much the last year.
>
> Is there a video available as well?

Yes, all larger IETF sessions are published AFAIK:
https://youtu.be/8N_PO3s_Z24?t=4755
I think there's been lots of discussion sparked at that point, so there
might be some "newer" points of view available now somewhere, but I
can't recall any particular source.  Something like a text form of this
presentation is on:
https://blog.powerdns.com/2018/03/22/the-dns-camel-or-the-rise-in-dns-complexit/

Hmm, GDPR and outsourcing DNS - that's an intriguing and unexpected
train of thought (to me).

--Vladimir