[dns-operations] IPv6 PTR best practice

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 9 17:25:56 UTC 2018

On 05/09/2018 10:28 AM, John Levine wrote:
> Yes, of course.  See my notes about the 500 million terabytes in my garage.

The number of globally routed addresses is not directly related to the
number of resource records that need to be included in a zone.  ;-)

I would only include resource records for IPs that are actually in use.

Just because an address is routed, does not mean that it's in use, much
less that it needs to be in a zone.  Hence why I asked if the number of
globally routed addresses is really the problem.  }:-)

If I could trivially fabricate records for IPs that aren't in use and
not require unreasonable storage, then I would.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die