[dns-operations] REMINDER: Call for Participation -- ICANN DNSSEC Workshop at ICANN62 Panama City, Panama - June 25, 2018

Kathy Schnitt kathy.schnitt at icann.org
Wed May 9 14:47:43 UTC 2018

 Hi All!

The next ICANN DNSSEC Workshop will be on Monday, June 25, 2018 in Panama City, Panama.  If you are interested in participating, please send a brief (1-2 sentence) description of your proposed presentation to dnssec-panamacity at isoc.org<mailto:dnssec-panamacity at isoc.org>  by **18 May 2018**

The committee is also thinking of having a panel on the Post-KSK-Rollover.  We’d like to see if anyone from the DNSSEC community can identify ways that can help end users have a better idea of what they should look for and how they might be able to know if the KSK rollover has or has not effected them & their use of DNS (i.e. 1 second after the change).

Thanks,
Jack

REMINDER: Call for Participation -- ICANN DNSSEC Workshop at ICANN62, Panama City, Panama.  June 25, 2018

The DNSSEC Deployment Initiative and the Internet Society Deploy360 Programme, in cooperation with the ICANN Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC), are planning a DNSSEC Workshop during the ICANN62 meeting held from 25-28 June 2018 in Panama City, Panama.  The DNSSEC Workshop has been a part of ICANN meetings for several years and has provided a forum for both experienced and new people to meet, present and discuss current and future DNSSEC deployments.  For reference, the most recent session was held at the ICANN Community Forum in San Juan, Puerto Rico on 14 March 2018. The presentations and transcripts are available at:    https://61.schedule.icann.org/meetings/647563[61.schedule.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__61.schedule.icann.org_meetings_647563&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=_qSa12UaM5Nl6sbpmBZnYyeUu-qJt2ubgQJechcqldM&m=EkbdZhJaG6g8IsCHUP9deVxL5rnsERV7Rncb_duS0nY&s=ae0XkO0VHTZ_ZSnNkM3_02SZ669fETpIa21Ec9MmWFw&e=>,https://61.schedule.icann.org/meetings/647564[61.schedule.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__61.schedule.icann.org_meetings_647564&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=_qSa12UaM5Nl6sbpmBZnYyeUu-qJt2ubgQJechcqldM&m=EkbdZhJaG6g8IsCHUP9deVxL5rnsERV7Rncb_duS0nY&s=h7uqwBqts5y2W14RMbkL4d-qxvgvmfvpmTct11KuY1o&e=>, and https://61.schedule.icann.org/meetings/647565[61.schedule.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__61.schedule.icann.org_meetings_647565&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=_qSa12UaM5Nl6sbpmBZnYyeUu-qJt2ubgQJechcqldM&m=EkbdZhJaG6g8IsCHUP9deVxL5rnsERV7Rncb_duS0nY&s=Tg10_nIPbO9mQq2Ephk2zcpzjk-YJkw43OsXtGyrRxw&e=>.

The DNSSEC Workshop Program Committee is developing a 3-hour program.  Proposals will be considered for the following topic areas and included if space permits.  In addition, we welcome suggestions for additional topics either for inclusion in the ICANN62 workshop, or for consideration for future workshops.

1.  DNSSEC Activities Panel (Regional and global)
For this panel, we are seeking participation from those who have been involved in DNSSEC deployment in the region and also from those who have not deployed DNSSEC but who have a keen interest in the challenges and benefits of deployment, including Root Key Signing Key (KSK) Rollover activities.   Now that DNSSEC has become an operational norm for many registries, registrars, and ISPs, what have we learned about how we manage DNSSEC? What is the best practice around key rollovers? How often do you review your disaster recovery procedures? Is there operational familiarity within your customer support teams? What operational statistics have we gathered about DNSSEC? Are there experiences being documented in the form of best practices, or something similar, for transfer of signed zones?
If you have a specific concern about the Root Key Rollover, or believe you have a method or solution to help address impacts, we would like to hear from you.

2. DNSSEC Deployment Challenges
The program committee is seeking input from those that are interested in implementation of DNSSEC but have general or particular concerns with DNSSEC.  In particular, we are seeking input from individuals that would be willing to participate in a panel that would discuss questions of the nature:
- Are there any policies directly or indirectly impeding your DNSSEC deployment? (RRR model, CDS/CDNSKEY automation)
- What are your most significant concerns with DNSSEC, e.g., complexity, training, implementation, operation or something else?
- What do you expect DNSSEC to do for you and what doesn't it do?
- What do you see as the most important trade-offs with respect to doing or not doing DNSSEC?

We are interested in presentations related to any aspect of DNSSEC such as zone signing, DNS response validation, applications use of DNSSEC, registry/registrar DNSSEC activities, etc.  In addition, we welcome suggestions for additional topics.

If you are interested in participating, please send a brief (1-2 sentence) description of your proposed presentation to  dnssec-panamacity at isoc.org<mailto:dnssec-panamacity at isoc.org> by **Friday, 18 May 2018**

Thank you,
Kathy and Julie
On behalf of the DNSSEC Workshop Program Committee:
Mark Elkins, DNS/ZACR
Jean Robert Hountomey, AfricaCERT
Jacques Latour, .CA
Xiaodong Lee, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
Russ Mundy, Parsons
Ondrej Filip, CZ.NIC
Yoshiro Yoneya, JPRS
Dan York, Internet Society