[dns-operations] Some DNSSEC adoption data points, anyone know of more comprehensive surveys?

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Wed May 2 19:05:34 UTC 2018

> On May 2, 2018, at 10:40 AM, Jarle Greipsland <jarle.greipsland at norid.no> wrote:
>
>>  340503 .no
>
> See
>  https://www.norid.no/en/statistikk/dnssec/#signert
>
> for a graphical presentation, and
>
>  https://www.norid.no/en/statistikk/dnssectall
>
> for a table of the number of signed domains (both updated monthly).

Thanks for all the TLD-specific data pointers.  With those, I can
confirm a lower bound of 8,705,498 signed delegations.  So around
9 million seems a pretty safe bet for the global total at present,
(counting only delegations at public suffixes, there are of course
internal sub-delegations in various domains that neither I nor the
various TLD statistics track).

--
	Viktor.