[dns-operations] Did ms.us expire?

John Franklin franklin at sentaidigital.com
Thu Mar 22 14:50:04 UTC 2018

A client has some customers on ms.us subdomains that we can’t reach this morning.  Whois shows the whole of ms.us has no DNS servers and lists Neustar as the registrant.

I must admit, I don’t know the details of how US state domains are registered and renewed, but until this morning, I didn’t think they could expire.  I thought they were assigned flat out, and in exchange Neustar got a big check to manage all of .us.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin at sentaidigital.com