[dns-operations] DNAME implementation consistency?

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Mon Mar 19 20:40:56 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I am considering using a DNAME to “move” a zone to a different namespace. It is widely used by a wide variety of clients (30-200k qps).

I can’t get the clients to change what name they use.

I haven’t ever seen DNAMEs in “production use”, so ... would I be better off building a tree of CNAMEs and using that?

I have “example.com” on dns infrastructure serving static data; “foo.example.com” is what I’d like to move. It is served by a kind of GSLB server.

Ask

--
http://askask.com/