[dns-operations] DNS over TLS: slowly happening

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Wed Jun 27 10:11:38 UTC 2018

> On 26 Jun 2018, at 10:09, bert hubert <bert.hubert at powerdns.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> [tl;dr enable DNS over TLS on your resolvers and CPE/modem if you can]
>
> As announced in https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/04/dns-over-tls-support-in-android-p.html
> Android "P" will attempt to talk DNS over TLS to its resolver by default.

FYI: systemd-resolvd has implemented DNS-over-TLS in the latest release:
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/NEWS <https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/NEWS>

“* systemd-resolved now supports DNS-over-TLS. It's still
   turned off by default, use DNSOverTLS=opportunistic to turn it on in
   resolved.conf. We intend to make this the default as soon as couple
   of additional techniques for optimizing the initial latency caused by
   establishing a TLS/TCP connection are implemented."

Sara.