[dns-operations] Oh, What a Fragile Web We Weave: Third-party Service Dependencies In

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Jun 26 15:52:41 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 04:38:04PM +0100, Jim Reid wrote:
> I look forward to future revelations about what bears do in the woods and the pope's relgious beliefs. :-)

I think that's a little unfair.  An important observation in here is
that, in the concentrating-services Internet economy, people have
dependencies on others that they don't even know about.  In the
physical world, people have often specified redundant transit only to
find themselves hosed when all their redundancy traverses a common
peering point somewhere upstream.  This result is a similar one, only
in a much more ubiquitous (and, sometimes, fragile) way.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com