[dns-operations] EdDSA status ?

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 18:46:35 UTC 2018

On Jun 1 2018, Frederico A C Neves wrote:

>EdDSA has another advantage... the public key representation is only
>32 or 57 octets long. Any of them are shorter than P256, bringing even
>better options for standby keys.

I find it a bit surprising that no-one has yet mentioned what must surely
be in many of our minds: that the parameter choices in EdDSA are much more
transparent than those for ECDSA, giving substantially greater confidence
that hidden backdoors have not been built in. https://safecurves.cr.yp.to/
is the obligatory reference.

Signing and validating ought to be faster, as well, for the same nominal
security level.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk