[dns-operations] Was: .KE denial of existence partly broken? (Viktor Dukhovni)

Daniel Shaw daniel at techdad.xyz
Mon Jul 23 18:48:36 UTC 2018

Hey Benno,

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 at 15:44, Benno Overeinder <benno at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 20/07/2018 15:20, Daniel Shaw wrote:
> > This does seem to be a bug in the older NSD version. The use-case here

> This might be fixed in NSD 4.1.11 and on wards.
>
> See https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/nsd/download/ for details and bug
> fixes for the various NSD releases.

Thanks much for pointing to the specific version. Appreciate the reply!

It's *definitely* fixed in 4.1.16 (which most of our anycast nodes are
running). We've confirmed they're all good. The really old nodes
(which unfortunately are the ones that see the majority of traffic)
we've already started to replace with 4.1.22 today, and they should
quietly start serving the traffic in the next couple days.

Cheers,
Daniel