[dns-operations] Sentinel-publishing gTLDs

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Thu Jul 5 22:56:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 05:35:28PM -0400, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> I've figured out how I got confused. These are signed, but they're still
> publishing the "sentinel" records, and I treat such domains as not fully
> deployed:
>
> $ dig +nocl +nottl +noall +ans -t a foobar.xn--otu796d.
> foobar.招聘.            A       127.0.53.53

The above gTLD no longer publishes the sentinel value.  There are
presently seven sentinel-publishing gTLDs, one of which is new, but
the other six have been in that state since May 2017 or earlier:

     TLD             | since
     ----------------+--------
     xn--mxtq1m      | 2015-01
     politie         | 2016-06
     arab            | 2017-05
     xn--ngbrx       | 2017-05
     etisalat        | 2017-05
     xn--mgbaakc7dvf | 2017-05
     charity         | 2018-05

In other TLD-related news xn--qxam (.ελ) is now signed.

--
	Viktor.