[dns-operations] debug tool to generate DNS response?

Petr Špaček petr.spacek at nic.cz
Mon Jan 29 13:53:52 UTC 2018

On 27.1.2018 19:31, Yang Yu wrote:
> I am looking for a DNS server/debug tool that can respond to selected
> queries with a crafted (potentially broken) response, like BadSSL for
> DNS. Ideally all flags/codes should be customizable. This is quite
> helpful for testing DNS clients.

You might be interested in project Deckard:
https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/knot/deckard/blob/master/README.rst

We use it daily for testing Knot Resolver but it is generic enough to
work with other software as well (tested with Unbound and PowerDNS
Recursor).

Do not hesitate to get in touch using e-mail or Gitter:
https://gitter.im/CZ-NIC-deckard/Lobby

--
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC