[dns-operations] Forged Delegation Injection into Empty Non-Terminal with NSEC3

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sun Jan 14 23:46:11 UTC 2018

NSEC3 records for ENT only need to exist for parent domains of records that
provably exist in a NSEC3 zone.  Insecure delegations do not, by default, provably
exist when OPTOUT is in use.

dnssec-signzone adds NSEC3 records for ENT when there is a child domain that
provably exists.

Note: there is no mechanism in dnssec-signzone to say add a NSEC3 record for this
insecure delegation despite that being permitted by NSEC3.

Mark