[dns-operations] anti-business hippies (Re: the real reason for ICANN's gTLD expansion seems to be...)

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Wed Jan 3 21:21:03 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 03:34:31PM -0500, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>
> > obvious way to make an open gTLD registry work is with a notary log at
> the
> > heart of it.
>
> You may wish to check out the "namecoin" project.
>
> Best regards,

​Yes, it is a great idea but please loose the damn coin business.

Its like US academia in the 1950s where vast amounts of first class work
became utter dreck because of fixations with the ideology of ​Freud and
Marx.

​The Harber and Stornetta notary chain is very powerful. I really hope we
don't have people avoiding it in future because of one poorly chosen
application.​