[dns-operations] Updating named.root for the mere purpose of updating it?!

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Tue Sep 5 22:09:41 UTC 2017

Carsten,

Verisign publishes the named.root file you referenced as part of its Root Zone Maintainer activities.

Usually this file is updated only when there is a change to the IP addresses of one or more root servers.  But
occasionally we might publish a new version where only the serial number changes as part of our normal software development processes.

DW