[dns-operations] HSM recommendations

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Sep 5 19:50:36 UTC 2017

> On Sep 5, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Brett <brettcarr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's been a long time since I looked at HSM's (my previous experience
> is with Sun (PCI) and Thales (Network), but this was all a few years
> ago now. What is popular these days and is there any that anyone would
> particularly avoid or recommend.

We have a fleet of AEP Keypers, which we’ve been extraordinarily happy with.  They’ve worked exactly as advertised, without any hiccups, and AEP’s support has been outstanding, when we’ve wanted to do things outside-of-the-ordinary.  I think we’re signing ~100 TLDs with them, been using them for about six years, just finished a rotation out for their routine-service and battery replacement, all of which went smoothly.

                                -Bill