[dns-operations] R: dns-operationsI: IP change for b.root-servers.net not effective?

Costantino Andrea (Con) andrea.costantino at h3g.it
Tue Oct 24 16:43:27 UTC 2017

Yes, I confirm..

It's rather slow to answer, but working.

[root at MILWH01 data]# time dig  . ANY @a.root-servers.net | grep b.root

.                       518400  IN      NS      b.root-servers.net.

b.root-servers.net.     518400  IN      A       199.9.14.201

b.root-servers.net.     518400  IN      AAAA    2001:500:200::b

real    0m0.140s

user    0m0.007s

sys     0m0.008s

[root at MILWH01 data]# time dig  . ANY @199.9.14.201 | grep b.root

.                       518400  IN      NS      b.root-servers.net.

b.root-servers.net.     3600000 IN      A       199.9.14.201

b.root-servers.net.     3600000 IN      AAAA    2001:500:200::b

real    0m11.281s

user    0m0.009s

sys     0m0.005s

Now it's time to update my recursive named hint files before the logs get to stratosphere.

Thanks and ciao,

Andrea