[dns-operations] Anyone from AWS here?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Oct 9 10:23:59 UTC 2017

Colm MacCárthaigh <colm at stdlib.net> wrote:

> That means we're caught between two different 'standard' worlds which
> occasionally conflict, the programming ones, and the DNS ones.

To be fair, the DNS convention is pretty peculiar. Almost everything that
has \ backslash escapes is octal - the only thing I have found other than
the DNS that uses decimal \ escapes is Lua.

https://twitter.com/fanf/status/870272919829721088

Tony.
Irish Sea: West or southwest 4 or 5, increasing 6 or 7 for a time later.
Smooth or slight, occasionally moderate later. Rain or showers. Moderate or
good.