[dns-operations] EC2 resolver changing TTL on DNS answers?

Peterson, Alec alecpete at amazon.com
Tue Nov 28 15:21:36 UTC 2017

Hi Giovane,

I’m with Amazon, and this is intentional behavior.  Based on feedback we’ve heard from our customers, it’s especially painful for them to mis-configure a DNS record and have that result cached in a layer they have no control over (ie, the resolver infrastructure within EC2).  We do recognize that this has a side-effect of increasing the load on all authoritative servers.

Alec