[dns-operations] new public DNS service: 9.9.9.9

Chris Adams cmadams at cmadams.net
Wed Nov 22 04:32:05 UTC 2017

Following up to my own email...

Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> said:
> $ dig +norec . ns @9.9.9.9

So I typed +norec without really thinking about what I was doing. :)  It
works without the +norec.

Interestingly, that behavior is not consistent.  Doing the same query
from a different location gave me a response.  Google's servers (that I
can hit from a few different places) also respond to a +norec request.

That's something I don't think I've looked at before; how different
recursive servers respond to requests without the recursion-desired bit
set.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at cmadams.net>