[dns-operations] new public DNS service: 9.9.9.9

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Nov 21 11:03:17 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:32:12AM +1000,
 Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote
 a message of 222 lines which said:

> Maybe I'm old school, but I dont see a need for any open public
> resolvers,

Frankly, I don't care about your personal opinion, or those of my
ISP. As a user, I rent an Internet access service and I have the right
to do things they find erroneous (if I were an ISP, I would block
YouTube, since it is full of silly videos).

> those that run them, dont do it out the kindness of their heart,
> there is always a commercial reason.

While ISP are all charities, doing things just for the good of the
users.