[dns-operations] Missing algorithm 8 signatures in .museum zone

ondrej at sury.org ondrej at sury.org
Thu Nov 16 19:25:44 UTC 2017

Because you just can't change the root zone DNSSEC algorithm without
serious bloat of the packet sizes. And that is (will be) a critical problem
for next RZ KSK rollover.

In fact, this applies to all zones, but RZ is especially critical as the
rollover might take some time (as seen now) and you don't want to have
double signatures on everything in the root zone for 6 months+.

Also it has been beaten to death and the consensus was that this rule
should not be enforced on resolvers as it is causing legitimate operational
problems. DNSSEC deployment is complicated even without enforcement of
rules that were never meant to be.

O.