[dns-operations] max-clients-per-query limit

Shawn Zhou shawnzhou00 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 22:05:35 UTC 2017

Hello,
We are running bind 9.11 locally on bunches of servers. I noticed that we had many duplicate requests coming from clients (application running on same severs that runs bind).
What happens when max-clients-per-query is reached? say, we have 120 duplicate requests and the max-clients-per-query is set to 100. Do the 20 "extra" requests got dropped or get timeouts or they will be part of next grouped requests?
ThanksShawn