[dns-operations] Truncation query

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Mar 17 18:25:06 UTC 2017

Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com> wrote:

> I"m going to use MSG_PEEK and MSG_TRUNC to get an accurate size from the
> kernel and allocate a suitable sized buffer using malloc.  But that's probably
> not a good choice for high-performance servers.

Is there any reason not to allocate a 64KB buffer when the resolver
context is initialized, and let the kernel donate pages to the buffer
if/when that becomes necessary?

Tony.
Hebrides, Bailey: Cyclonic becoming southwest, 5 or 6. Rough, occasionally
very rough. Occasional rain. Good, occasionally poor.