[dns-operations] DNS-over-TLS in public resolvers

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Mar 6 15:18:02 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 03:18:10PM -0800,
 John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> wrote
 a message of 68 lines which said:

> I think as interesting a question would be to ask what the mid- to long-term
> level of interest is by vendors in getting support embedded into stub
> resolvers.

OK, but I think it is a waste of time to discuss whether we should
work on stub resolvers first or test servers first. We need both (and
they are not done by the same people, anyway).

> so what makes DNS-over-TLS a more likely solution to be implemented
> as a built-in default or at least a selectable choice in
> off-the-shelf equipment?

I hope the fact it is an IETF standard will help (I hope).