[dns-operations] DNS-over-TLS in public resolvers

Thomas Steen Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Thu Mar 2 19:40:45 UTC 2017

On 03/02/2017 07:53 AM, Jerry Lundström wrote:
> UncensoredDNS [1] (@censurfridns) is running DNS-over-TLS on their
> unicast node [2].

Hello! :)

Founder and operator of UncensoredDNS here. I've been running
the service for years but only recently opened up DNS-over-TLS
on a node to get a feel of it. Please direct any questions to
me on this email or to admin at censurfridns.dk or on twitter
@censurfridns.

I hope to get around to fitting the anycast nodes with
DNS-over-TLS support soon, but a bit of work is needed on my
end before everything is ready. Once that is done I will make
an official announcement, including updating the website with
guides on how to use it (for less tech-savvy people than on this
list).

For the record the uncensoreddns nodes are:
unicast.uncensoreddns.org has address 89.233.43.71
unicast.uncensoreddns.org has IPv6 address 2a01:3a0:53:53::

anycast.uncensoreddns.org has address 91.239.100.100
anycast.uncensoreddns.org has IPv6 address 2001:67c:28a4::

(But remember that only the unicast node has DNS-over-TLS
for now.)

Best regards,

Thomas Steen Rasmussen