[dns-operations] Double-signature validation "And" or "OR" ?

Davey Song(宋林健) ljsong at biigroup.cn
Thu Jun 1 02:39:14 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

I encounter a question on how DNSSEC validating resolver work if it receive
double-signature. Does it require the resolver to validate both signatures
or only one signature if that one is validated?

I guess the relation of the two signature is logic “Or” for unique
algorithm, and logic “And” for multiple algorithm. Because I read some
resolver checks that a valid chain of trust exists for different algorithm
separately (like Unbound). Is it true?

Best regards,

Davey