[dns-operations] Hall of DNS Shame (?)

Ondřej Surý ondrej.sury at nic.cz
Tue Jan 24 13:46:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've been thinking lately (after seeing all the DNS protocol violations)
that a collaborative list of all DNS protocol violations in the wild
might be beneficial to both DNS implementors and also to increase a
pressure on those operators to fix their issues.

Perhaps we can have such list at some neutral place like DNS-OARC?

Unfortunately I have a plenty of material I can contribute as of this
moment.

My favorite one is log.kmplayer.com that just appends some extra \0
bytes after the last RRSet in the answer.  (Probably allocating a
fixed sized buffer and sending it whole instead of just the part
that was filled?)

Cheers,
--
 Ondřej Surý -- Technical Fellow
 CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --     Laboratoře CZ.NIC