[dns-operations] DNSSEC validation using DS records as trust anchors

Hugo Salgado-Hernández hsalgado at nic.cl
Wed Jan 4 12:33:05 UTC 2017

Hi Emil.
You can use "drill" command (part of ldns-utils in some distros)
and chase a signature with a given trust anchor:

% drill -S -k ds-file-requested @n.vulcano.cl vulcano.cl dnskey
;; Number of trusted keys: 2
;; Chasing: vulcano.cl. DNSKEY

DNSSEC Trust tree:
vulcano.cl. (DNSKEY)
|---vulcano.cl. (DNSKEY keytag: 4379 alg: 7 flags: 256)
|---vulcano.cl. (DNSKEY keytag: 15345 alg: 7 flags: 257)
;; Chase successful

Best,

Hugo