[dns-operations] Announcement of ICANN DNS Symposium

Matt Larson matt at kahlerlarson.org
Thu Feb 2 19:33:57 UTC 2017

(This email is sent from my personal account because that's how I'm subscribed, and I apologize if you receive multiple copies.)

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to the first-ever ICANN DNS Symposium, which will be held in Madrid, Spain, on Saturday, 13 May 2017.

ICANN's Office of the CTO hopes to make the ICANN DNS Symposium a regular event for the DNS technical community with changing themes covering different aspects of DNS.  For this initial event, we are focusing on DNS-related activities within ICANN.  There will be presentations relating to DNS research, security, root server operations, IANA and more.  Multiple ICANN departments will present, including the Office of the CTO, DNS Engineering (responsible for L-root operations), PTI/IANA and the Global Domains Division (gTLDs).  Our goal is to be transparent with the community about DNS activities happening at ICANN and solicit feedback and suggestions.