[dns-operations] What does an AWS and/or R53 charge look like on a credit card statement?

John W. O'Brien john at saltant.com
Mon Aug 7 22:16:05 UTC 2017

On 8/7/17 16:15, Doug Barton wrote:
> Sort of an unusual request, but I didn't know where else to send it. :)
>
> Putting together a list of vendors that we'd like to be able to identify
> on credit card statements, and I have examples of everything I need
> other than AWS and R53. So if you happen to have any such line items on
> a credit card statement, I would appreciate it if you could send me the
> text, or better yet a screen cap. (Obviously you should eliminate any
> PII, I'm just interested in how the vendor data shows up.)

Hi Doug,

This is what appears on Discover card, where %%TXNCODE%% is an 11 digit
alphanumeric identifier. This charge covers a mix of services including
a little bit of R53.

====
08/03/17
AMAZON WEB SERVICES AWS.AMAZON.COWA %%TXNCODE%% 	$ 	18.50 	Services

Amazon web services 440 Terry Ave N, WA 98109
Post Date 	Thursday, August 03, 2017
Transaction Date 	Thursday, August 03, 2017
Merchant Category 	BUSINESS SRVCS (NOT CLASSIFIED)
Purchase Method 	ONLINE
====

-John