[dns-operations] G root pmtu?

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Mon Apr 10 14:53:18 UTC 2017

Hi Randy,

I believe this is the archived DNSViz result that shows the problem you observed:

http://dnsviz.net/d/gn/WOp7lA/dnssec/

Since the size of the signed 'gn/DS' response is 366 bytes I'm skeptical that it was actually related to PMTU.  More likely a dropped packet for other reasons.  Subsequent tests of the domain don't show the issue.  For example:

http://dnsviz.net/d/gn/WOr2xQ/dnssec/

DW