[dns-operations] Root Zone DNSSEC Operational Update -- ZSK length change

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Thu Sep 29 15:15:24 UTC 2016

A quick update on this change: A 2048-bit ZSK has been pre-published in the root zone as of September 20.  We are not aware of any issues related to the appearance of the larger key.

In less than 48 hours we will being publishing root zones signed with the 2048-bit ZSK.  I will send another note once that has happened.  If you observe any problems related to this change, please contact Verisign's customer service at info at verisign-grs.com.

Duane W.