[dns-operations] Google DNS ignores DNSSEC validation failure

Maciej Andziński Maciej.Andzinski at nask.pl
Thu Sep 29 13:53:08 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,

When it comes to DNSSEC validation I noticed a peculiar behaviour of Google Public DNS servers. Among others, sometimes no SERVFAIL RCODE was returned in answer to a query for a domain name with bogus DNSSEC delegation. I described my observations in a paper which you can find here: http://www.dns.pl/dnssec/ecc_support_in_dns_resolvers.pdf (see section 2.3)

Maciek