[dns-operations] Alternatives to ldns-verify-zone

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Thu Sep 22 14:16:15 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 5:18 AM, Abdulkareem H. Ali <
kareem.ali at centralnic.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> We've been using ldns-verify-zone to check and validate our zones
> including DNSSEC validation. It's a great tool and we've been using it
> for years, but the latest stable release is Jan/2014.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone would recommend any other tool that can
> verify/validate zones and be fully DNSSEC aware that might be good to
> use alongside ldns-verify-zone?

The latest release of DNSViz [1] introduces functionality to validate zone
components before changes are deployed [2].  It doesn't doesn't replace
checkers that check the entire zone file, but it's a good supplementary
resource, particularly when looking at changes to the zone apex, including
the delegation NS or DS records, or explicit names in the zone, which can
be specified on the command line.

Cheers,
Casey

[1] https://github.com/dnsviz/dnsviz