[dns-operations] NSEC3 with empty non-terminals from insecure delegations

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sun Sep 18 15:18:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 04:37:44PM +0300,
 Emil Natan <shlyoko at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 122 lines which said:

> I have a case where two signing tools (BIND/dnssec-signzone and
> OpenDNSSEC) disagree on the way a zonefile should be signed and I'm
> looking for your opinion on which behavior you consider correct (or
> "more correct").

There will be a detailed talk on this issue at the next OARC workshop
<https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/25/session/4/contribution/4>

IMHO, both tools are right (the RFC could be clearer on that corner
case) but some validators (most important being Google Public DNS)
have trouble with BIND's solution.