[dns-operations] DNS servers "probed" by people who want to kill the Internet?

Kristof Tuyteleers kristof.tuyteleers at dnsbelgium.be
Thu Sep 15 10:01:08 UTC 2016

On 15/09/16 09:37, "dns-operations on behalf of Stephane Bortzmeyer" <dns-operations-bounces at dns-oarc.net on behalf of bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:

        I assume that by now everyone have read this paper
        <https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/09/someone_is_lear.html>
        which mentions explicitely the .com/.net name servers (and the root
        name servers, in the readers' comments).

        If it were not written by Bruce Schneier, I would probably have
        ignored it (few facts, no details, nothing we could check). But is
        there a chance someone here knows more about it?

    Would the partial DDOS attacks (some letters, not all …) on the root DNS servers also be considered part of this ‘conspiracy theory’?

    Regards,
    Kristof