[dns-operations] Does anyone have figures for SRV reachability?

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Fri Nov 18 15:27:38 UTC 2016

I am looking for a reference to a recent study showing the feasibility of
using SRV for discovery. That is, how likely an SRV resolution is likely to
succeed versus being blocked by idiot legacy infrastructure.

What I am look for here is figures and not an opinion. I am pretty sure
that SRV records are reachable from 99% of all net locations these days.
But being pretty sure isn't the same thing as measurement.