[dns-operations] TLD Monitoring Tools

Patrik Wallstrom pawal at blipp.com
Wed May 18 23:42:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, 18 May 2016, Jacques Latour wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm putting a list of TLD monitoring tools as a resource for all and TLDOPS group, got a couple example below, if you know of a good tools, please let me know.  Anything that provides insight on the TLD.
>
> DNSSEC Checker:
>      DNSvis - 			http://dnsviz.net/d/ca/dnssec/
>
>      DNSSEC Early warning: 	http://www.dnssek.info/
>
> DNS STATUS:
>      DNS-OARC TLD Monitoring     https://tldmon.dns-oarc.net/nagios/
>
>      RIPE Atlas DNS Monitoring      https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon
>
> SECURITY TOOLS/API/REPORT:
>      ?

I run Zonemaster on all the TLDs a few times a week. The current
report is always available here: https://tldmonitor.blipp.com/

What's fun with this tool is that you can cross reference IP
addresses, AS numbers and errors just by clicking around on the
links. Useful for finding common factors in mis-configurations. (I
originally made this tool for doing analysis on another set of domains, but it's
useful for doing TLDs as well.)