[dns-operations] 答复: L-Root IPv6 Address renumbering

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Mon Mar 14 02:36:57 UTC 2016

Terry Manderson wrote:

> The L-root operator (ICANN) will stop serving from the old IPv6 address.
> It's well past time we stopped treating resolver operators like children.

this raises two questions.

is that icann's position speaking for the root server system overall, or
is that the l-root operator's position (who happens to be an icann
employee?)

what precautions will be made to prevent traffic destined for the old
address from falling into commercial or government surveillance hands?
(could you perhaps arrange for dns-oarc to collect the query traffic and
make it available for research purposes?)

--
P Vixie