[dns-operations] Distributed Monitoring

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Fri Mar 4 01:42:00 UTC 2016

I've been using Constellix throughout their beta, it's decent, although
a little quirky. I occasionally would get outage reports where their own
"test" indicates success from the same point that tripped a failure, but
the probe reported failures. It's gotten better since the early days of
the beta, but it's still disconcerting because I wonder whether there is
a real problem that I'm not seeing. It's been a little while since this
happened, perhaps it's resolved?

In the beta phase their support often took several days to answer, which
is reasonable for a beta product, but it made tracking it down very
difficult (And again, I am NOT complaining about the speed of service, I
don't expect a SLA on a beta product that is under active development)

All in all, I'd recommend them. You do need an active DNSMadeEasy
account, but the cheapest DNSMadeEasy service will justify itself just
for the Constellix service, even if you don't touch DNSMadeEasy.
Conversely, I already use DNSMadeEasy, so adding Constellix was a
no-brainer as long as it remains free with DNSMadeEasy.