[dns-operations] Sad news today: systemd-resolved to be deployed in Ubuntu 16.10

Ondřej Surý ondrej.sury at nic.cz
Mon Jun 6 10:02:25 UTC 2016

No matter what, the KSK is going to be rolled, so it's futile to resist at this moment.

For a background see:

1. https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/ksk-rollover
2. https://www.iana.org/reports/2016/root-ksk-rollover-design-20160307.pdf

This "The IANA Functions Contract requires ICANN to perform a Root Zone KSK rollover" mostly answers your question, but I agree it's good to practice a Root KSK rollover for operational purposes now and to change the algorithm in the future.

Cheers,
Ondrej

--
 Ondřej Surý -- Technical Fellow
 CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --     Laboratoře CZ.NIC