[dns-operations] PowerDNS 4.0.0 released

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Mon Jul 11 14:46:18 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

Brief heads-up that we just released PowerDNS Recursor and Authoritative
Server 4.0.0, with some notable changes.

As of 4.0.0:

 * PowerDNS Recursor supports DNSSEC validation
 * Authoritative defaults to a combined ECDSA key for new zones
 * Authoritative supports CDS/CDNSKEY and RFC 7344 key-rollovers
 * Our 'ALIAS' record type that emulates 'CNAME at APEX' supports DNSSEC
   signing on the fly, as used by search.whitehouse.gov.

Excessive amounts of backstory and detail can be found through
https://blog.powerdns.com/2016/07/11/welcome-to-powerdns-4-0-0/ - Oh, and
downloadable packages & distribution repositories.

We don't normally spam this list with release announcements, but 4.0.0 is a
big one.

Enjoy!

        Bert