[dns-operations] DNS activities in Japan

fujiwara at jprs.co.jp fujiwara at jprs.co.jp
Tue Jul 5 04:00:28 UTC 2016

> From: Mukund Sivaraman <muks at isc.org>
>> * Morning session: [Graduation from BIND]
>>
>>   There are presentations about Unbound, PowerDNS, NSD
>>   and analysis/discussions of reasons why users need to use BIND 9.
>
> Is it possible to get an English translation of this presentation:
>
>     http://dnsops.jp/event/20160624/BIND_QandA_%E9%85%8D%E5%B8%83%E7%94%A8.pdf
>
> It would be nice to know about the concerns that are expressed. I have
> tried to use Google translation, but it is very bad.

Save the pdf file and upload it to "https://translate.google.com/?tr=f".

I cannot translate correctly because I don't know the author's will.
Please contact the author.

In slide 3.
   The reason to change to use other DNS servers is
   - (BIND 9 have) too many vulneravilities
     - high operatonal costs (to update)
     - Availability may be down under vulnerability attacks.

Slides between 4 and 36 show the good points and dependencies of BIND 9.

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <fujiwara at jprs.co.jp>